My Relationship's - Part 2

So my second serious relationship was one of the most life changing experiences in my entire life. It was with a lovely fellow named Beau. It ended but I don't regret one bit of it. We we're just too different for each other and we both wanted different things. Shit happens!

So we met through his cousin on Bebo (don't judge me, Bebo was the shit back then) and it all started from there. I remember the date aswell like it was yesterday, 8th of Decemeber 2008. I know what you're wondering, wasn't that long after my first. Well I was vulnerable and just found out what this magically new toy I could play with.

So we started dating, the catch was that he lived about 900kms away from me in Sydney. As far as long distance relationships go, I don't ever want to go through that shit again. I mean you get used to it but once you've had someone be with you in the same city even, it just changes your whole entire perspective on relationships. So things were going great, we were both in high school although he was a year younger than me and enjoyed ever bit of it. Not going into detail of my teenage years, I'' leave that for another blog :). So a year went by, I turned 17, he turned 16, I started drinking and going to parties. While he was at home. Around the 10th of January 2010, was the first time I actually met him face to face. Because our relationship was based on text messaging/phone calls we couldn't do much but that. So when we first met it was the craziest thing, it's like we fell in love with each other at an instant. He was perfect and all I wanted.

As time went by, Year 11, Year 12, I grow much older and matured pretty quickly, compared to my counterpart. I felt I slowly grew apart from him. I'd go visit every once in a while but that's it. I'd go visit him again and again and he'd never come up because of certain circumstances but that aside he never visited. I'd be going to Uni and working fulltime, racking up the $$$ and spending it on him and planes tickets yet nothing in return. Eventually he came up, after 2 years he was allowed.. (of course, guess who paid for it!) After then on shit just got rediculous and I was fed up with the little effort he put into the relationship. I ended up ending it and it didn't feel good at all but it was the right thing to do.

The whole relationship lasted about 2 and a half years approx, just before my 19th birthday (which was last year). The first 4 months was the hardest, but I eventually grew to accept that we were heading in different directions and needed time apart for personal growth. In the end, I cherish all the memories we had with each other. I still think of what could have been but it's not something I want, hopefully after time we'll be able to become friends again... just maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts