Falling In Love: Before Vs After

This post will be about the differences between falling in love with someone before you start dating and after you get together. I'll explain it a little more further but again this is from experience so keep that in mind.

After

Only you know what love is, no one can tell you what you can expect because everyone is different. I've only ever been in an relationship where I've hardly know them but as the relationship progresses you learn to love them. It's not something I always wanted, I mean you can learn to love just about anyone if you spend a lot of time with them and are surrounded by them for a long time. My past relationships have been based on this concept, being young and naive I always jumped into relationships because I thought I needed them. Now I've realised that because  I rushed into the relationships I was unaware of how they really were. 

Being young I didn't know what love was, but I'd throw that little word around thinking that just because he said it back that he'd never do me wrong. Was I wrong about that. In the end though, because of how the relationships started I was always the one to end them, which made it easier for me to get over them. 

Before

Now this is a foreign experience for me, so this is basically a nicer way of saying how I want to fall in love with someone/start a relationship. To be honest, when it comes to making the first move I'm pretty much a coward. I mean I've never pursued a guy that I actually liked/semi-loved. The fear of rejection and that they won't ever feel the same about me play a big part I guess. I've always wanted to have that special connection with someone without having to be forced into it because your together already.

Just to make a note, I've still got the hugest crush on my high school crush and it still persists till this day. I wouldn't say that I love him but one of my wishes is that I would tell him how I really feel about him and him to tell be exactly the same. It's a long shot but I would do it. But overall, I'm so anxious to meet that one person who I want that instant connection with.

Overall, if it's meant to be it's meant to be and I'm not complaining of regretting and of my past love connections. It's just I want to know if experiencing a different type of love will benefit me more. Living life with no regrets is hard but in the end what can you do. Just enjoy ever moment like it's your last and love those who will be there till the end.

Comments

Popular Posts